Missed New Student Orientation
Hello Gators! We understand that different factors may have contributed to you not being able to attend your New Student Orientation with us at San Francisco State University. At Orientation, we covered an array of different information and resources and gave our students various opportunities to connect with one another where they shared their excitement to attend SF State in the Fall. We, at New Student and Family Programs, want to make sure that you are still getting all the information you may need to have a successful and smooth transition to SF State.
Below are SF State resources and recordings from Orientation for you to review. Below the video are Missed Orientation Next steps for you to review carefully. These steps will help you get access to your Orientation Profile and prepared to register for your Fall 2021 Courses. We understand all this new information can be overwhelming to some, so do not worry. If at any point you are confused or just need some additional resources, you can always drop by our New Student Orientation Zoom Help Desk where our Student Leaders and Staff Members are more than happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
We are excited to welcome you to the Gator Family!
Hear From Your Peers
We hope you were able to get useful information from our two New Student and Family Programs Peer Directors. Kathy and Alina both went over some really amazing tips, tricks, and resources to help you prepare for the transition to San Francisco State University. You can find all the links and resources the Peer Directors mentioned in their presentation below:
Missed Orientation Next Steps
Please follow these steps as you prepare for your Fall 2021 Semester. These steps include various components of the orientation sessions you may have missed but contain useful information such as creating your Orientation profile, reviewing academic advising modules, registering for Fall 201 courses, and scheduling an appointment with an acadmic advisor.
Your Orientation Profile contains valuable information to help you prepare for your Fall semester at SF State. You will first need to follow this link to the Orientation Profile.
- You will use your SF State log in credentials (the same credentials you use to log into your SF State Student Center). After you log in you will be brought to your Orientation Profile Tasklist. You will want to review all the content on the tasklist to make sure you have no holds or alerts on your account and other key factors in your transition to SF State.
- When you reach the Complete Orientation Sign Up you will want to fill out all the information it ask of you and press Save and Continue once complete * These steps need to be completed in order to get to the Advising Modules.
- Once you reach the Orientation Date Selection you should see August 23rd. You will want to select that date *August 23rd is not a real orientation date and no orientation will be held on that date. This is a Missed Orientation date to get you to the Advising Modules.
- After you have completed and submitted the reservation you will have access to all the modules.
- Review and complete all modules in your Orientation Profile.
After you have successfully reviewed all your modules in your Orientation Profile, you can begin to register for your Fall 2021 Courses. Using the information from your Advising Modules, you will want to log into your SF State Student Center and begin enrolling in courses.
We know you may have some questions about your academic and registering for your Fall 2021 courses. Our Academic Advisors in the Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC) are here to assist you in any way that they can. They have created a Missed Orientation webpage for you to get more information on how to register and where to go if you need additional support and resources.
If you are a Transfer Student and missed your Orientation Session do not worry. You will most likely want to speak with an academic advisor about your course selection for Fall 2021. Below are options for you to begin
- Visit your department (major) website for information about major advising and your degree plan
- Lam Family College of Business (LFCOB)
- Graduate College of Education (GCOE)
- College of Ethnic Studies (COES)
- College of Health and Social Sciences (CHSS)
- College of Liberal and Creative Arts (LCA)
- College of Science and Engineering (COSE)
- Unsure what academic college you belong to, use this College and Academic Department webpage to find your major and associated college.
- Visit the Degree Planning Resource Page for planning your academic courses
- Visit Academic Advising Hub for useful information and resources for registering for courses. * Due to large volumes of students needing assistance with registering for courses, academic advising appointments may be limited at this time.