Create a Study Group
Features in most rooms include MediaScape Minis for connecting up to 4 laptops to a large screen, Whiteboard walls and WiFi. To reserve a room, log in to LibRooms, and select Group Study Rooms under the Reservations menu: Reserve a room with LibRooms
Continue Talking to Your Faculty
As you turn in your finals and papers, communicate with your professor about questions you are having and/or thank them for a great semester. Great tips on how to email your professor here.
During finals week, the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) office offers drop-in visits between 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM. They are in Student Services Building, Room 205. You can contact CAPS at (415) 338-2208. The CPS office offers support for reasons as varied as the people themselves; personal problems involving relations with parents or peers, emotional or social difficulties, relationship conflicts, anxiety or depression, sexuality and orientation, concerns about academic progress or direction, and other issues.
Receiving Your Grades
Grades will be available on gateway January 8, 2019. More information can be found here.
Returning home for Winter Break can be an adjustment. Returning home for Winter Break might be the first prolonged time you will be at home since you started at college in August. When you return home, you might have some preconceived ideas that home and family will be the same, yet sometimes things change. Below are some tips to keep in mind when you arrive back home:
- - Take time for yourself.
- - Schedule time with family and friends.
- - Be prepared to talk about your experience. Your family will have questions about what you have been doing, how your classes went, what your grades might be, the friends you have made, and what you like or dislike about college.
- - Reflect on what went well, and what you may want to improve on for the Spring semester.
- - Review campus resources and important dates in the Spring (i.e., calendar events, workshops, and programs, set reminders for important semester deadlines, and outline days you plan to connect with faculty and advisors).
Preparing for the Spring
The first date of Spring 2019 instruction is Monday, January 28. See the Registrar's Spring 2019 dates and deadlines for registration and payment of fees here.
If you would like to speak with someone regarding your first-year experience at San Francisco State, please contact either Chris Trudell, the First-Year Experience Manager or Grace Yoo, the First-Year Experience Faculty Director.
First-Year Experience Faculty Director
Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
First-Year Experience Manager
Division of Student Life