Summer 2019 Orientation Session Dates | Registration Opens April 2019
- > Orientation Registration will open April 1, 2019
- > You must first accept your admissions offer first and pay your enrollment deposit before registering for Summer Orientation
- > Orientation sessions fill-up on a first-come-first-served basis, we can only accommodate a specific number of students per session
- > Student's family/guests are welcome. We ask that you limit your guests to two indviduals, please
- > You will register for your Fall courses during your registered Orientation Session date, and you must be present to register for your classes
- > Academic Advisors will be available to support you during the Fall course registration process
- > First-Year Students: Summer Orientation sessions will start promptly at 8:00 AM and end at approximately 5:00 PM, please plan your travel and lodging accordingly
- > Transfer Students: You have an option to attend a full-day or half-day orientation sessions (note, half-day sessions have either a morning (8:00 AM - 1:00 PM) or afternoon (12:00 - 5:00 PM) session option)
- > Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important for both New and Transfer Students!
Sign up for orientation online after you accept your offer of addmission (AAO) and pay your $100 enrollment confirmation deposit. You can learn more about accepting your AAO here.
It is highly recommend to review your Student Center and SF State student email regularly before orientation for any alterns, account holds, and campus updates that may need to be addressed before you arrive for orientation.
New First-Year Students | 2019 Summer Orientation Dates:
Below are the dates for orientation sessions for new undergraduate students entering San Francisco State University in 2019 fall semester. Registration for orientation will open mid-Spring. Our New Student Orientations connect you to all aspects of campus and academic life at SF State. Attendance is highly encouraged for all entering freshmen and transfer students as you will receive advising and register for your Fall 2019 classes. Space in orientation sessions is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sign up for orientation online after you accept your offer of addmission (AAO) and pay your $100 enrollment confirmation deposit.
- Thursday, June 27th
- Friday, June 28th
- Monday, July 1st
- Tuesday, July 2nd
- Monday, July 8th
- Tuesday, July 9th
- Thursday, July 11th
- Friday, July 12th
- Monday, July 15th
- Tuesday, July 16th
- Thursday, July 18th
- Friday, July 19th
- Monday, July 22nd
- Tuesday, July 23rd
- Wednesday, July 24th
- Thursday, August 22nd (F-1 International Freshmen Who Didn't Attend a Summer Session)
New Transfer Students | 2019 Summer Orientation Dates:
Our New Transfer Orientations are either half-day or full-day advising and class registration sessions aimed at helping prepare you to join the San Francisco State community. Space in orientation sessions is limited and available on a first-come, first serbed basis. Sign up for orientation online after you accept your offer of addmission (AAO) and pay your $100 enrollment confirmation deposit.
F-1 visa international students from California Community Colleges are encouraged to attend Transfer Student Orientation during the summer months.
(please note that half-day orientations will have an option of a morning or afternoon session)
- Monday, June 10th (half-day sessions)
- Tuesday, June 11th (half-day sessions)
- Thursday, June 13th (half-day sessions)
- Friday, June 14th (full-day session)
- Monday, June 17th (half-day sessions)
- Tuesday, June 18th (half-day sessions)
- Thursday, June 20th (half-day sessions)
- Friday, June 21st (full-day session)
- Monday, June 24th (half-day sessions)
- Tuesday, June 25th (full-day session)
- Thursday, August 22nd (F-1 International Transfers Who Didn't Attend a Summer Session)
New International Student Orientation 2019 Date
F-1 students are not required to attend the New Student Orientation in June or July, except for those F-1 students who are transferring from California community colleges.