These checklists were created to help identify tasks that should be completed prior to starting full time at San Francisco State University. To make your transition to SF State as smooth as possible, we highly encourage you to follow all three checklists and complete each task.
Before Attending a New Student Orientation
- Pay your orientation fees (but be sure to register for orientation first).
- Contact the Disability Programs and Resource Center if you anticipate needing accommodations as a student at SF State.
- Prepare required documentation for Student Immunizations. (Staff will be available during Orientation Check-In to assist)
- Review SF State's websites and prepare any questions you might have to be answered at your New Student Orientation Session.
- Access your SF State email regularly for important communications and updates.
- Attend all scheduled sessions.
- Prepare for your academic advising information sessions.
- Make connections with your peers as well as faculty and staff from across campus. We want to see you succceed!
- Ask questions to your Orientation Leader. They are here to assist you.
- Have fun!
After New Student Orientation
- Check your SF State email daily! Email is a primary and official form of University communications.
- Complete your New Student Orientation evaluation sent electronicaly.
- Purchase a parking permit (if applicable and available).
- Visit the Residential Life website for information about move-in, if you're planning on living on-campus.
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Complete your required Campus Clarity program (if you miss this step, a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register for Spring classes). Once you've enrolled in your coursework, you will be granted access to the training site. Keep a watchful eye out for an email with login instructions in late July/early August.